BMW X5 45e with plug-in hybrid drive combines in-line 6-cylinder petrol engine + electric 113 Hp motor featuring the very latest BMW eDrive technology – total system output increased to 290 kW/394 hp.
BMW’s plug-in hybrid drive systems already offer users a host of additional benefits over traditional solutions:
- Money-saving: Electric driving in urban areas is cheaper than using petrol or diesel if the plug-in hybrid vehicle is charged at home or at the workplace at low cost.
- Interior always at the right temperature, even before you get in: auxiliary heating and auxiliary air conditioning are fitted as standard.
- Braking is winning: The battery is charged under braking. In conventional vehicles, braking generates only heat and brake dust.
- The best of both worlds: Plug-in hybrids provide electric driving pleasure in urban areas and classical BMW driving pleasure over longer distances.
- Smoothing the way into the future: Because a plug-in hybrid can run emission-free, it is eligible to enter many low-emission zones, enjoys extra parking privileges and saves on toll charges.
- Better quality of life in cities: By driving on electric power, users can actively contribute to reducing emissions and traffic noise in cities.